O.M.G., this past week has been brutal. I try to get into the routine of doing my morning exercise and I manage to sleep late, and by the time I get home from work I just want to sit and rest. What is a girl supposed to do? Saturday I tried to stay outdoors with the kids. They went to an Easter activity in the morning and after we were done I packed up some sports equipment and headed towards the park. I was so excited to be active and play some stick ball and toss the football with the kids! What the heck, after driving and picking up lunch from Wendy's (I had a salad), I get to the park and to my surprise they were charging to go in, cash only. I don't know about you, but in these times I don't carry cash on me, I am strictly plastic! So after shifting my purse around looking for the little bit of change I had, I could only come up with $1.50 out of $2 that I needed, that security guard didn't give a hoot, and turned me away. "Darn these budget cuts", it had been over a year since I last visited that park, I guess next time I do my research before living in the moment, trying to do things spontaneously. After driving back to my side of town I stopped at the community park and tried to have a quiet lunch at the picnic table while the kids played at the playground. That was disastrous, flies were trying to get at my salad and all in my face, and I was getting frustrated. Finally, I put the cover back on my salad and moved away from the picnic tables. By that time my son decided he had to use the restroom, but the restroom was closed, ugh, so we went straight home and stayed home. What a day that turned out to be! I had some difficulties with food during the past few days. I would eat a healthy meal sometimes, and sometimes I might had pigged out. Sunday's dinner wasn't any better. I didn't do the common thing of having an Easter dinner, like ham, and collard greens, and so on, mmm mmm mmmm, I'm getting hungry talking about it. I decided to stop at KFC and got a bucket of original recipe, and a side of mash potatoes, and cole slaw, and those buttery biscuits. I did bad, I know, but darn was it good. But is it o.k. if for lunch I had cottage cheese and peaches? I have been trying to have that Carnation Breakfast drink and a Special K bar for breakfast when I remember to grab it. I guess I need to be consistent with my meals in order for it to work. As I'm writing here on my blog I am thinking of April 27, a very important day for me. It was the day my mother passed away. It was a very sad day, it was very unexpected. My mother was only 50 years old and she was on medications for her heart. The doctor's could never pin point exactly what was wrong with her, but all they knew was that heart medication made her feel better. Her early death is just a reminder for me to eat better and get healthier. I don't want my kids to go through what I went through. At 18 I lost my mother, although I was already out of the house living on my own, I was still my mothers baby girl. I could not imagine what would happen to my kids if they were to loose me at a young age due to my health. I need to do this for them. I must stop back sliding and get my act together before I end up like my mother. I miss her a lot, everyday I wish she could see my accomplishments and my kids growing up. I want to be around long enough to see my grandchildren and great-grandchildren grow up! RIP MOM 11/19/54 - 4/27/05.
About Me
- Loraine
- Originally from Puerto Rico, I came to live in Tampa, FL at the end of summer of '93. Coming along with my mother we settled in a neighborhood in Tampa Heights. I grew up and started a family of my own in which I produce two beautiful kids, my daughter Larisha and my son Leander. I love them with all my heart and this blog is dedicated to them. They are my motivation to losing weight. I need to get healthy so that my life here on Earth is long enough for me to enjoy my children.
4/25/11
Back Slider!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aww this is touching!....I will help you girl we gotta keep each other on track!
ReplyDelete-Makita