Pages

About Me

My photo
Originally from Puerto Rico, I came to live in Tampa, FL at the end of summer of '93. Coming along with my mother we settled in a neighborhood in Tampa Heights. I grew up and started a family of my own in which I produce two beautiful kids, my daughter Larisha and my son Leander. I love them with all my heart and this blog is dedicated to them. They are my motivation to losing weight. I need to get healthy so that my life here on Earth is long enough for me to enjoy my children.

4/15/11

This Can Be a Challenge!


Day 1 started as a good day! I got up this morning, just like any other day. I had the day off so all I had to do was get the kids to school in the morning. Getting dressed was a bit of a challenge. As I tried to stuff my muffin-top into my pants, by pulling them up from the belt loop I heard a rip (oops). I started my breakfast at Subway, I ordered a Steak Egg & Cheese on a flatbread. I was trying my best to pick the right ingredients; egg whites, onions, American cheese, and I guess I shouldn't have chosen the chipotle sauce as a condiment. That was a little spicy for an early morning meal. Along side a cup of coffee, 3 creamers and 3 sweet & low packets of sugar, it might sound like a lot but the cup was pretty big, may I add for my defense! After that nice filling breakfast I kept my trajectory towards my physical therapy appointment. I go when ever I get a chance to go, working 8-5 is not as flexible as one might want. That was a nice little hour of therapy & massage. I headed back home after my session and I did not do any exercise, I should have but I was not dressed appropriately. I know I need to get into a routine, I couldn't agree more. Before lunch I went to a meeting and boy was I starving by the time we left that office. Luckily I had spotted a deli that my mom used to get food from whenever she had a gathering, called "La Casa Sierra", their "Arroz con Gris" is the best!!! So we decided to stop in for their hot lunch menu. Oh my how the memories came back. I had not eaten home-cooked Spanish food like that in years. I had a bottle of waterto drink, arroz con gris, yucca al escabeche, and pork roast, mmm mmm mmmmm. That was the most high calorie and high fat meal I had in a while, I was BAD, but it made me feel so good! Am I wrong for loving good food? Don't worry my friends I made up by having a salad for dinner. Of course I must have my protein so I seared up a piece of cubed steak with some onions and bell peppers and topped it over a plate of baby greens. No dressing added, it was a good eat. Conclusion, I need to do better with these cravings and my choices in the food I eat. Today was only the first day, I hope tomorrow goes better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Suggestions