Pages

About Me

My photo
Originally from Puerto Rico, I came to live in Tampa, FL at the end of summer of '93. Coming along with my mother we settled in a neighborhood in Tampa Heights. I grew up and started a family of my own in which I produce two beautiful kids, my daughter Larisha and my son Leander. I love them with all my heart and this blog is dedicated to them. They are my motivation to losing weight. I need to get healthy so that my life here on Earth is long enough for me to enjoy my children.

4/20/11

On the Right Track

As my weekend began since last time I blogged, I felt more at ease about my dieting plans. As surprising as it might sound I was actually able to do a whole lot better over the weekend with my diet. I guess being away from work allowed me to have a better selection in the foods I eat while at home. Along with my great food choices, I had made better decissions with my activities. I usually don't like being out in the heat of this Florida weather. Saturday I chose to do what was best for me, and went walking while helping my fiancee at work. I walked all around apartment complexes, walked up and down stairs, and even did some jogging, it was a workout. My kids were actually complaining more than me and they are supposed to be active by nature. Sunday I decided to stay active by doing some extreme cleaning. Not only did I clean the floors, I had to scrub them and then mop them, talk about working out my biceps! I am proud of the food choices I made over the weekend! When ever I was thirsty I drank water, including with all of my meals. When I cooked, I made sure to improvise my meal to fit my diet. Instead of having rice, I had steamed vegetables, instead of pizza, I had chicken, you get the idea. All I know is that I felt so good at the end of the weekend. I could feel having more energy and more stamina. Friday, while at work, I weighed my self, and on Monday when I went back to work I weighed myself again. Another reason to stay motivated, losing 4 pounds over the weekend! I have decided to do a workout every morning before going to work. I have a DVD called "The Special K Challenge" Vol 1: 10 minute Solution. I am also planning on buying a workout game for the Wii game system, I am still searching for the best choice (if anyone has any suggestions please let me know). I am hoping to get this routine down packed so that I can loose my weight faster. I am so far doing the right things and feeling better about myself. I plan to stay on the right track, and soon when I start seeing the end results, I will be able to proudly show my before and after pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to comment on the Backsliding post but I don't see the comment box!

    I'm sorry to hear about you losing your Mom at a young age. We all backslide at times but since you have such a strong motivating reason to change your eating habits, you will bounce back and live to a ripe old age and see two or three generations of your descendants!

    Have a great, healthy day :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments & Suggestions