Today was an o.k. day! I was able to avoid temptations this morning. There were Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast at work, ooh how much I like donuts, specially those cream filled kind. I did pretty good, ran in and out for a cup of coffee, as good as those donuts looked, I am so proud I was able to avoid sneaking them. I ate a Nutri-Grain Cereal Bar along with my coffee, it was yummy in my tummy! At my desk at work I have a jar with chocolate candy in it. Every time I get a chance I would sneak one in my mouth, but this morning was not like that. I admit, I stared at it, picked it up, and shook it around, but at no point did I reach my hand in it. I guess I was afraid my hand would get stuck in it for trying to maintain my muffin top. So I went about my morning without thinking of those chocolate cravings, which is very hard to do since where I work there is too much estrogen in the atmosphere. Someone's always asking for something sweet to eat, I guess it's just being part of being a female. So my morning went pretty smooth and before I knew, it was lunch time! We were catered with food from Tia's Tex-Mex. There was grilled chicken & steak to make fajitas, and nachos with their awesome cheese sauce, which I avoided immediately. I decided to grab a few pieces of chicken and took it home and made me a chicken salad. It was good and filling. After lunch I returned to work, and when the 2 o'clock hour came by, it was crash time. Boy was I missing that sugar in my system! I decided to just get a piece of churro that was left over from the luncheon. I thought, "One churro won't hurt, it's more of a treat, I did good!" Before I knew it one piece of churro turned into three pieces. I learned my lesson, never treat yourself while on a diet, all you are doing is opening the door to destruction. I felt guilty after that incident, I was doing so good and just like that I caved into the sugar. I don't know, is it o.k. to just go cold turkey off sugar, or do I have to wing off it? All I know is that I felt like I haven't had a bit of sugar in ages. I was glad when it was time to go home! I knew that once I got home I could concentrate more on what to eat instead of being at the office with a limited selection in food choices. I made chicken & broccoli alfredo pasta. I served up only a portion of what I would normally serve. I noticed that when I was done eating I was still feeling hungry. I almost went for a second helping, but I maintained myself. I thought, if I still feel hungry I would just grab a cup of yogurt. I am so glad I waited, because after a few minutes I guess my stomach spoke to my brain and let it know that I ate enough to satisfy my hunger. I had heard that eating slower keeps you from overeating, I did eat kind of fast, maybe because I was hungry and the food was so good! I am going to try to make it a habit to eat at a slower pace, even if I am super hungry, I guess it will pay off in the long run!
About Me
- Loraine
- Originally from Puerto Rico, I came to live in Tampa, FL at the end of summer of '93. Coming along with my mother we settled in a neighborhood in Tampa Heights. I grew up and started a family of my own in which I produce two beautiful kids, my daughter Larisha and my son Leander. I love them with all my heart and this blog is dedicated to them. They are my motivation to losing weight. I need to get healthy so that my life here on Earth is long enough for me to enjoy my children.
4/16/11
Give me some Sugar!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments & Suggestions