Hello, I know it's been a while since my last blog! Well I finally got a chance to sit down and give you all the scoop! I have been working hard and fighting lots of temptations over the past couple of weeks. As I told you before, the office where I work at usually has breakfast & lunch catered every day, well when you are trying to be on a diet it is hard if you got yummy smelling food around you. Try avoiding some soft chewy chocolate chip cookies when everyone else is eating it! Let me tell you, I almost needed a splint put on my wrist after trying to grab a cookie 2 weeks ago. I had just eaten my lunch, which if I remember it consisted of a salad and maybe some kind of meat, I thought to myself, "I have been doing good so far, a treat shouldn't hurt!" I reached into the cookie tray and started to break a cookie in half, and before I could transfer it to my plate my coworker grabbed my wrist and shook the cookie violently out of my grip, oh how I suffered! After that suffering I decided to change the contents of my candy jar at my desk, I switched chocolate candies for my Special K Bars! Although I had not grabbed one piece of chocolate I decided to take it away so that I would not be easily tempted. "Thanks Eddie!" I have been weighing myself, and last time I updated you on my weight loss I was down 4 pounds. Well all of my hard work has paid off so far since I have lost a total of 9 pounds to date! So exciting, I know! Cooking is a challenge! I have to feed my growing kids and the man of the house a meal that must be different from mine. I don't think my man would appreciate a meal that to him is considered a meal for a girl. Lets say I cook rice, I have to replace it with vegetables so that I avoid the starches. For instance, today I cooked pasta and pink salmon in a fat free lemon butter dill sauce and mushrooms (see picture). I had my fish but replaced the pasta with a delicious salad! My salad tasted so good. It consisted of mixed baby greens, cherry tomatoes, Craisins, and tangerine slices. Tossed in 2 parts olive oil and 1 part vinegar, I had the best of both worlds, Tangy & Sweet!!! I like adding strawberries and walnuts, but I was out of them. I hear the first 10 pounds are the easiest to lose, but I am going to keep working hard to keep on track and hopefully after the first 10 pounds, my weight will continue to melt away!
About Me
- Loraine
- Originally from Puerto Rico, I came to live in Tampa, FL at the end of summer of '93. Coming along with my mother we settled in a neighborhood in Tampa Heights. I grew up and started a family of my own in which I produce two beautiful kids, my daughter Larisha and my son Leander. I love them with all my heart and this blog is dedicated to them. They are my motivation to losing weight. I need to get healthy so that my life here on Earth is long enough for me to enjoy my children.
5/9/11
And Then There Were 9!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Happy Holidays! It's been such a loooong time since I've seen you on here. How's your weight loss going? Please update us when you get a chance.
ReplyDelete